Boys Will Be Boys - Interactive Card Class

What a treat! ... I attended an Interactive Card Class last night that two of my 'down-line' organised. 

For our first card we did some stamping with an acrylic block; it's a technique that's been around for awhile but I had never got around to trying it.  You just scribble a variety of different coloured Stampin'  Markers onto a large acrylic block, spritz the block and your card stock with water and stamp.  Very cool!  Thanks De Arn (an idea from Sharnee's card class) for demonstrating this technique.  I'm sure I will be stamping with acrylic blocks more often, as I just love the background that it creates.

Secondly, the class was all about interactive cards so we made a spinner card.  Another first for me was having the spinning mechanism positioned vertically.  This made sense seeing we could choose the yo yo or parachute image from the Boys Will Be Boys stamp set.  What a fun card to make!


   
 Down .......... down .......... safe landing!

I'll be back another day with the second interactive card that Jo demonstrated; it's a slider card!  I didn't stay late to finish that one as I'm off to the annual Craft and Quilt Fair at the Silverdome today with my lovely friend, Lynne.  I'll be back tonight for another CASEing the Catty Blog Hop.  See you then.  

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Comments