Awesomely Artistic Slider Card

Just in case you hadn't noticed, The Gold Trend is very popular in paper craft at the moment and Just Us Girls' Challenge this week is to "incorporate gold somewhere on your card and/or project".  I jumped right in as I have wanted to see what Gold Glitter mixed with Crystal Effects would look like painted onto an image with a fine brush (I have done this technique with Dazzling Diamonds before). All I can say is, I love the way it turned out; so sparkly!


   http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/just-us-girls-301-trend-week.html

As you can see this is a slider card and the base was made at the Interactive Card Class I went to last week that two of my down line ran.  Jo demonstrated this technique and would you believe that this is the first time I have made a card like this!  Crazy, right? ... considering it's like an easel card :)  I didn't stay late to finish it as I wanted to use a more girly stamp set and make a thank you card for a friend; I was itching to ink up Awesomely Artistic after seeing so many beautiful projects made with this stamp set.


 


I've just started making short videos to demonstrate my interactive cards as photos don't do them justice.  Please forgive the fact that this is only the second clip I have posted and have only just discovered iMovie.  I am warming up to the idea of making video tutorials as Splitcoast Stampers have asked me to make one for them. This has been a bit of a challenge and a steep learning curve for me ... so be sure to watch this space!

  

Here's the project that Jo demonstrated.

Thanks, Just Us Girls for a great challenge this week as I am loving the gold trend at the moment. Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

H2 :) said…
Beautiful, Bron! :)
Lisa Kind said…
Stunning card! I love that technique of adding gold glitter to crystal effects! So cool! And I love they design of your card too! Good luck with the videos! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!
Chris Dring said…
This card looks amazing! I never thought to add gold glitter to crystal effects - what a great idea! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!